On 8th of March (I think I was post call), I made a list of things I wanted to write about. Let’s see how many I have done, and how many topics am I adding on now.
* * *
1. The palm oil estate experience – written, but STILL not typed in
2. The strong ladies, are you worth it? After seeing Wan Azizah’s tears, I was reminded of so many strong ladies I know in my life. No,it’s not about Anwar Ibrahim, it’s about women and strength -> DONE!! Refer to The Baggage.
3. The first step. Women’s journey to partnership. A short one. -> I have forgotten entirely what I was supposed to write about. So I think I need to scrape this off. 😦
4. Imam Suhaib Webb’s lecture on education in KGPA -> Even this, I only have the short bullet points, still kept on my busy board.
5. How to focus in solat – lessons from Imam Suhaib Webb’s lecture in KGPA -> refer to number (4) up there. 😦
6. Surviving medicine -> Here and there, in Letter from Hell, and A Day in A Muslim Doctor’s life (eh, is that the title?)
7. Inspiring senior medical colleagues – the amazing government hospital specialists and consultants -> NOT YET!!!! I need to do this before it slips my mind!!
8. Learning from the dying – It’s too late -> Err….I think I wanted to write this in a different manner as compared to what I have in mind right now. But I guess the message would still be the same.
9. Learning from the dying – death with dignity. How people should spend the last days of their lives. No, we can’t really tell but there are so many things that people should know, including doctors -> This, will take some time. Coz it will need me to sit down and reflect.
I have added on a few more to my list of unfinished business, or rather, untold stories:
10. To parents: Never, EVER force your kids to become doctors. Or anything else in that matter.
11. Pantang selepas bersalin. Confinement period. Being superstitious or just plain clueless. Modern medicine may have shown what those elderly “angin” actually means, and how our health in old age is not singly determined by our health post partum. *slaps forehead*
12. About youth, being unconventional, success and dogs. I don’t know if I have the energy to even do this.
Wish me luck!!